Most of the link building techniques can be continued from last year. First of all, I would like to say that a website cannot rank in Google without linking it to other quality sites. There is a boat load of reason which shows the importance of link building. Some of them are,
- Links are considered as the #1 Google ranking factors…
- Links that point to great content are always well recognized by search engines….
- They transfer power (link juice)…
- The trust is increased with linking websites…
- It makes Google identify your website even better than the submission of links manually… and more!!!
For more confirmation See what Andrey Lipattsev, a Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google said
“I can tell you what they are. It is content. And it’s linked pointing to your site.”
Quality in Link Building Techniques
The most important thing comes here while starting your link building campaigns. It is not the quantity of links that matters in SEO; you’d better aim for the high-quality links. Thousands of links that does not proves good will bring no value to your website, but if it has a certain quality and even if it is very less in numbers (say 15 – 20), it will do magic in SEO. Weak or risky backlinks can even go worst by getting Google Penalty as well.
The following are the quality to assess while building links:
- How many linking pages and domains?
- How many links per month can be good?
- What link can give more Power and Trust?
- Which should be the linking keywords (“branded” or “Exact match” or “Long Tail”)?
- What will be the link risks?
As per Google Quality Guidelines,
“Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.”
Because of the above guidelines, the links you build must be natural and never give a reason for Google to consider a violation.
Simple link building techniques
Link building is not an easy task but some of the white hat SEO techniques can be done without considerable efforts or expenses.
- Ask for backlinks: There will be people who are close to you owing websites or blogs. Just contact them and ask for linking your website in their content spaces. It’s the easiest way, but make sure that the linked website is in any way related to yours.
- Build relationships: Good relations always come handy. Start searching for your niche related communities or groups and be engaged in it by giving good information. Doing this not only gain good backlinks but will get you the latest industry news as well.
- Give a testimonial: Adding testimonials is always good for companies. So you can easily add them and get a new backlink.
- Start a blog: Search for the latest trends and news relating your niche and write posts on a regular basis. Link your website or web page accordingly only to relevant pages.
- List your site in trustworthy directories: Find niche based directories that have potential visitor rate on it. Add your website with useful information for the visitors enough to pull back them to your website. This single addition can give lots of traffic.
- Write a good guest post: Write good quality articles with your URL embedded on it and publish it. Make sure that guest post category is relevant to your topic, and not about your companies greatness.
Advanced link building techniques
- Discover competitors’ common backlinks: Use Common Backlinks Tool (CBLT) to find the common backlinks of your compotators. Try to link yourself to those places. You can add up to ten competitors and start your report.
- Get an indirect backlink from your competitor: Use Link Juice Thief (LJT) to find the commonly linking places of your competitors. Linking your website to those common places will have your competitors indirectly linking to you.
- Recover your dead backlinks: A tool called Link Juice Recovery Tool (LJR) is used to find the error pages of your website which have backlinks on it. Recover those backlinks either redirecting the link to another existing page or by recreating the page.
- Turn your mentions into backlinks: Contact the webmaster who has mentioned about your brand and asks to convert that mention into a backlink.
- Find the strongest competitor’s healthy backlinks: There are tools to measure the quality of backlink and only try to link to those healthy backlinks after finding it from your competitor.
- Find the most relevant link building opportunities: Use forums, blogs or sites where you could place your backlink. Make sure to link to those sites which are content related.
Learn How to Find Dofollow Blogs Using Google Search here!
- Be aware of your competitor’s new links: Whenever a new backlink is added to your competitor, lure it to yourself as well.
- Launch a “Scholarship” contest or a giveaway campaign: Create scholarship programs and add it to .gov and .edu sites. These extensions pass a lot of Trust.
Earning Links – Link Building Techniques
- Infographics: Visually it is somewhat easy to grasp information. Infographic is a method probably can capture the attention of a wider audience.
- Lists: Creating cool lists can bring peoples to click and share your contents. It is a kind of psychological advantage either.
- Research reports and case studies: Most shared contents ion Internet are research papers, case studies, comparisons, and reviews. If you are among the first to write on a certain topic, therefore it will be a huge boost for your contents.
- Newsletter subscriptions: Publishing a newsletter will always increase attention and awareness of your readers or clients. Before that, you need to gain as much as subscribers as you can to reach our words.
Link building is a very hard task because it needs lots of attention, But most of all SEO professionals know that links are the key to success in SEO. Don’t ever try the banned methods in link building (Black Hat Methods). Also, do not try to buy backlinks as well. It may give some initial boos but eventually your website will go far down on SERP’s.