Every blogger is aware of this phenomenon, how to increase website traffic. In this article, I am gonna share awesome tips to increase your blog traffic. One of the most common complaints that I hear from bloggers is the fact that no matter how hard they try, they can’t grow their blogs past 100 or so daily page views. Those early days are indeed the hardest because you need to put hard work in without the certainty of achieving results.
If you are in that same situation, here is a simple strategy that will certainly increase your blog traffic and make you break the 1,000 daily page views mark. In fact, the strategy could be used even if your are already over that number but have reached a traffic plateau lately.
Just make sure to execute the 4 steps as planned and to spend the two hours and a half every day (obviously if you have more time available you can expand the time spent on each of the four steps proportionally).
First Step: Killer Articles to Increase Website Traffic
(1 hour per day). At least spend one hour daily researching and writing good contented article. Notice that your goal is to release one well-written article every week which is the primary method for “how to increase website traffic”.
A killer article is nothing more than a long and structured article that has the goal of delivering a huge amount of value to potential visitors. For example, If you have a web design blog, you could write an article with “100 Free Resources for Designers”.
Ideas for writing killer articles
- create a list of resources after long research,
- write a detailed tutorial teaching people how to do something,
- find a solution for a common problem in your niche and write about it, or
- write a deep analysis on a topic where people have only talked superficially
Second Step: Networking to Increase Website Traffic
(30 minutes per day). Networking is essential, especially when you are just getting started with your blog.
How to do networking
- commenting on other blogs in your niche,
- linking to the posts of bloggers in your niche, and
- interacting with the bloggers in your niche via email, IM or Twitter.
Remember that your goal is to build genuine relationships, so don’t approach people just because you think they can help to promote your blog. Approach them because you respect their work and because you think the two of you could grow together.
Third Step: Promotion to Increase Website Traffic
(30 minutes every day). The first activity here is the promotion of your killer articles. Whenever you publish one of them, you should push it in any way you can.
Examples of promotion
- letting the people in your network know about it,
- letting bloggers and webmasters in relevant niches know about it,
- getting some friends to submit the article to social bookmarking sites,
- getting some friends to Twitter the article, and
- posting about the article in online forums and/or newsgroups.
If there is time left, spend it with search engine optimization, social media marketing and activities to promote your blog as whole. Those can range from keyword research to promoting your blog on Facebook and guest blogging.
Fourth Step: Normal Posts to Increase Website Traffic
(30 min per day). Just like a man does not live by bread alone, a blog does not live by killer articles alone. Normal posts are the ones that you will publish routinely in your blog, between the killer articles. For example, you could publish a killer article every Monday and normal posts from Tuesday through Friday.
Ideas for normal posts
- A post linking to an article on another blog and containing your opinion about it
- Post informing your readers about a news in your niche
- A post asking a question to your readers and aiming to initiate a discussion
- Post highlighting a new resource or trick that you discovered and that would be useful to your readers
While killers articles are essential to promote your blog and bring new readers aboard, normal posts are the ones that will create diversity in your content and keep your readers engaged.
With all the above tips keeping in mind, there is no doubt that you can consequently increase website traffic effectively. Read more about Most Effective Free SEO Tools for 2017 here!